We are currently accepting abstracts for review.
There are three main areas which are listed as a guide to help authors develop their ideas and submissions. Those topics are as follows:
1. Process: What Needs to be Done, and When?
- early planning – evaluating the feasibility of alternatives
- funding – establishing different avenues
- development and nuances of stakeholder relations
- Design and Construction: preliminary design to construction
2. Design Challenges and Opportunities – Getting it Right the First Time
- ecological and regulatory issues (fish passage)
- use of effective engineering – physical and numerical modeling
- identification and establishment of possibilities for multiple use
- liability and risk management
- urban restoration and interface with the community
3. Operations: Roles and Responsibilities
- programs to promote whitewater parks and paddle sports
- enhancing revenue: community events, trips, training
- engage the public on perceived limitations: water safety, water quality
- marketing: positioning, advertising, promotion and public relations
- legacy costs: maintenance, repair, improvements
Instructions for abstract submission are found by clicking the following link: wcp-2010_instructions-for-abstract-submission
Upon review of all abstracts by the steering committee, authors will be notified whether they have been chosen for a full paper submission.